Saturday, November 11, 2017

Sunday Stroll: A Few Treasures Found

Water like glass reflects the day, sunny yet chilly as the season ends.




Harvested fields open a new area to walk and explore. Some go for a few miles before they end.
This playground isn't just for the "kids" as adults are entertained with the boards and play set the owner has set up for them. These goats really enjoy climbing.
A massive Burr Oak bares it's branches after dropping it's leaves showing the huge structure underneath. It towers over surrounding trees and bushes.

Color remains upon the hillsides.



A huge Great Horned Owl waits down in a draw for a nice dinner.

11 comments:

  1. All the reflective photos in this series are stunning! And the milkweed down is so beautiful. I feel like I can see it trembling in the wind in your photos! Great stroll, Steve! Thanks for taking us along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve - lovely photos .. thank you .. particularly the owl - amazing creatures .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic your photos, especially for me the first one with the dried leaves on the water!
    Bia
    www.biaviagemambiental.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Evening. The owl is amazing. I have a few blog friends with goats and they are so cute playing/jumping. I love the pretty reflections in your photos and the colorful leaves still hanging on. The barns are great finds; odd to see a brick barn. Wishing you a nice new week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went for a drive in the country today. Saw several buffalo. a few turkeys, and not much else except for the gorgeous Iowa scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took a stroll yesterday but the best I could do wee some shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the red brick barn. And the owl! How I envy you getting that shot of the owl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the red brick barn. I've never spotted an owl around here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That playset for the goats is too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!