Sunday, September 10, 2017

Sunday Stroll: Join Me On A Lovely Morning

Baltimore Oriole sitting by me
Don't you love my colors
Many do you see.
Such small seeds for such huge trees



Nope, no fairy underneath. I thought I heard whispers and giggles. The Burr Oak acorn tops make good hats I have heard.

Biennial Gaura

Ironweed
Round-headed Bush Clover
Hairy Puccon
Baldwin's Ironweed


Baby losing it's spots shedding it's fur.
You can see the difference from the fire break between these two plots, the shorter side was burnt last year. Burning every three years replenishes the prairie as grazers and random fires did years ago.  Native Americans often burnt areas to bring in the grazers as a food source. Buffalo only eat down to about six inches from the ground. The stubble tickles their nose so they go into greener pastures.

Visit Marcie the originator of Sunday Strolls. Her Quiet Country House in Michigan is always a treat to visit. 
http://quietcountryhouse.blogspot.com 

12 comments:

  1. We don't have deer in PEI so I always enjoy seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acorns are falling here too. It is early for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found a great flower patch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have plenty of Ironweed here and I think it is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The deer is good to see. As many as I've seen, I'm not sure I ever saw one with its fur in this between state before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fine nature series. What a sweet deer! I love the baltimore oriole too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Steve - lovely Oriole ... and the deer looking slightly teenagerish ... needing new clothes! Lovely pasture though and the bee - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. The deer is adorable! Lovely shots all around.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just got my stroll up! This was a busy weekend! Yours is lovely. What a great glimpse of the fawn losing spots. Have never seen that in detail before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely. I enjoyed the fairy whimsy. That Oriole is so pretty. We don't see them around here.
    Have a pleasant evening.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! It's such a pleasure coming to your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!