Thursday, August 10, 2017

Lakeside


It seems so short time since they made this lake, but 40 years ago I was amazed when it was finished.


Baby Dicksissels





Baby Tree Swallow



It was a lazy day, a gentle prairie breeze caressed my face. I looked at the ever changing beauty around me and felt right at home. It is always charming to be out among the flowers and friends. I am content to listen to the sounds, even if it stills enough to be silent for a moment. A song is always in the wind, that song of life, carrying the truths found through the centuries before me. I am at peace and can sit for hours, watching the world go by.



11 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures. You've really captured the peace of nature. I'm a nature lover, too.
    Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very calming and relaxing to sit amongst those blackeyed susans and watch the birds and hear their cheerful calls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That second picture is the type of scene I always associate with your state. So beautiful. Beautiful photos and peaceful thoughts out on the prairie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still laughing over your comment on my blog and gull-lee you started out with gulls today

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect pictures for your prairie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poetry and beautiful photos. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't bison majestic creatures? Good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the colors are so soothing. I love prairie grasses. I am surprised at how green it is there. Thank you for the walk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go for a walk and there's lots to see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing photos!! I hope you enjoyed your peach pie! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!