Saturday, July 29, 2017

Sunday Stroll: Around The Pond

The hot has let up a bit, so it was fun being close to the water looking for treasures.




This is the larvae stage of a dragonfly






I thought this Water Strider had something, but it ended up there was a black wasp under it carrying it. It set it down and flew off maybe to get help. It was able to walk across plants and water for quite some distance.


Visit Marcie the originator of Sunday Strolls. Her Quiet Country House in Michigan is always a treat to visit.
http://quietcountryhouse.blogspot.com 

10 comments:

  1. You kept your stroll close to the wetlands and have many interesting photos of critters and plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the casing of a dragonfly larva one time, but I've never seen one in the actual larval stage. Most interesting. Beautiful floral pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve - wonderful stroll ... looks so peaceful - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the stroll around the pond. I though that one picture was a spider until I read it was the larvae stage of a dragongly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved dragonflies. I've heard them called snake doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the liatris. every year when I see pictures of it blooming I promise to plant some but never do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never saw a dragonfly larva before. Most interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of good pond type critters to see. They've mostly been too fast for my camera this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You capture such amazing pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!