Sunday, July 9, 2017

Pretties Found On A Sunday Stroll

Visit Marcie at: http://quietcountryhouse.blogspot.com/2017/07/sunday-stroll-green-and-blue-afternoon.html 

Every year when Lead Plant blooms I think of a graduate student and her assistant cataloging all the bee species that visited it. Quite a study to behold as they collected and mounted specimens all summer. It was fun to get together each week and have a social outing going for a swim at the surrounding beaches of Lake Okoboji where our biological station was at. In the evenings it was usually some volleyball with as many players that we could find.This is a good specimen and if they didn't have it marked with tiny flags I would let them know where to find it. 
A variety of Smoke Trees







This is a big patch of sweet peas that grows back every year.





15 comments:

  1. Wow, sweet peas that grows back every year. You must live in a very fertile climate. These pictures are lovely :)
    Happy Sunday!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Sunday, Steve.
    Do those smoke trees come in different colors or am I confusing them with something else.
    Those sweet peas look gorgeous and healthy, mine are puny peas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some wonderful color going on in your region right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful sights. You always have a great mixture of the stuff I like so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always had sweet peas in our garden when I was growing up. Love the smoke trees

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all beautiful. I like those smoke trees. Not something I have seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watch for bees all summer? I hope it wasn't an eight hour day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really got a great shot of that damselfly. Those are hard for me to get in focus. Love that orange flower, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Steve - wonderful to see ... the Smoke Tree, those wild sweet peas ... while recording the bees - it's great to read about the research being done ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lead plant is new to me. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mother loved summer flowers so much. She would have liked your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The water in that last picture looks so peaceful and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty wine cups. and I love sweet peas but I never remember to get my seeds in in November.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rather strange looking those smoke tress. Like the forb prairie smoke on steroids...:)

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!