Thursday, July 27, 2017

Full Bloom


I was just telling Ann at  Snap Edit Scrap about letting some bird  food grow. Sunflowers around the yard are always cheerful. I think I have a few millet plants also growing.


It is kind of  sneer. I hope it's day gets better.
Coneflower

These Cup and Saucer blooms are 5 ft off the ground on tall plants.
Liatris is called Prairie Shooting Star also. It is a real treat every year to find.








Oregano and Painted Lady Butterfly. It really blends in out amongst the flowers.


Each has it's own charm, and you remember each you photographed when you revisit them.

11 comments:

  1. so pretty. I decided not to let the field sunflowers grow in the mini wildflower meadow this year and so pulled up all the seedlings expecting that they would grow around the brush pile like they have done every year except, of course, this year. not a single sunflower to attract the little finches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beauty. Wish more humans would be good stewards of our land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought sunflower seeds and have of yet to plant them. Once I get the ground prepped under my Pecan trees, that will be next job outside. I enjoy watching the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I also have a sunflower growing underneath the bird feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't yellow and purple pretty together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really, really enjoyed this bouquet of floral photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers, Steve. And I'm glad you pointed out the Painted Lady. I would have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Steve - nature gives us wonderful colour schemes and 'faces'apparently - that sneer will be a blooming wonderful smile in a full face shortly ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such charming pics. I haven't had Liatris for several years, but I certainly enjoy it.
    Have a wondrous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magical and beautiful! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!