Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Deer To Me

She seemed more engrossed with tender leaves than my approach. I slowly crept closer just to see how stealthy I could be, getting within 15 feet from her before she turned and walked back into thicker woods. I then felt bad I had chased her off from a good breakfast, but enjoyed our time spent together. There is a primitive feel getting close to a wild animal.



Treasures to be found along a forested trail

I liked the dew coming off the tips of the flower petals of these coneflowers.




A tiny Blue about the size of a fingernail.








The start of cosmos bloom will bring up the Fritillary butterflies from the south.

15 comments:

  1. Such nice flowers. We have the coreopsis, spiderworts, and the pink poppies. But the coneflowers, I have to baby them in my flower bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the feeling of getting close to a wild animal. I always feel better after an adventure like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, they are such gentle creatures...and the flowers are so pretty!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images of all the flowers and the forested trail. The deer shots are gorgeous. And I love the little blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful spring wildflowers and that doe has got to be pregnant. Have you ever seen them up on their hind legs, snap kicking each other? You are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Steve - deer to me too - gorgeous photos ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a glorious abundance of wild flowers! The deer is not at all alarmed by your approach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I try ro see ho close I can get to rhe birds on the feeder before they fly off

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning! Beautiful, peaceful photos. I love the sunlight filtered thru the leaves. Wishing you a very nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How neat to get so close to a beautiful doe...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't she a delight:)
    I love the deer to me.
    Have a great one, Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos of the doe are incredible. She looks so sweet with her "soulful" eyes. I'm glad you were able to get so close before she left. I know exactly what you mean about that primitive feel. I always think it feels like I've been blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pictures of the sun shining through the trees.
    A treasurer indeed.
    Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!