Sunday, May 14, 2017

Sunday Stroll: A Kite Fest

On such a beautiful day
I just wanted to say
Have a good Mother's Day.


A lot of mom's were part of the action. I noticed more being the one to roll the kites in.

It's all in the technique, each person has their talents. One grandfather was having a hard time getting one started for a youngster, so I helped him with encouragement. "Run", I said . He looked at me and laughed, "Running left me a few years ago."" Run !", I said, smiling at the reply.


These are all homemade kites made in the barn in the background.





This was an area where materials were provided to make your own kite so one cold join in with all the fun. Hundreds were assembled to participate.

17 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you guys. These are gorgeous photos. What a neat idea to make your own kites in the lovely barn. Extraordinary pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kites have always been one of my favorite toys. I never had kites nearly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flying kites, a good day indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous kites! And it looks like it was a perfect day for the event. The inside of that barn is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day you had. Kites are colorful and fascinating to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful photos! What a fun day it must have been. I will link to you tomorrow. Today didn't go exactly as planned so haven't finished my own lost (though we got a great walk in.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Attractive kites and lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful photos. Everyone looked so happy. The sky and kites are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A www what a lovely Mothers Day post!
    Lovely photos of the kites & fun everyone had trying to fly them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with the grandfather, running left me a few years ago too....lol What a fun day.
    I love those barn quilts

    ReplyDelete
  11. how fun! I have several kites. when the grandkids were younger we'd fly them. I'll have to fly the butterfly kite next windy day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Steve - brilliant ... what a fun day - perfect for one and all ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can almost feel the breeze in those photos.
    Love the Nemo and octopus kites.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How much fun. I have not flew a kite since my son was little and he will soon be 30. Looks like you had a great day for it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my what fun.... it's been a long time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The kite making area has an interesting structure doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful post for Mother's Day! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!