Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Meanwhile, Out On The Prairie

Tree Frog
Lazuli Bunting
Redstart
A turkey vulture swooped close overhead, not making a sound. It came back working in a slow circle past the area I was sitting in, enjoying the sounds and sights of the prairie. A small storm formed to the west and I expected to see some rain, only to be passed by and never see a sprinkle. It is always nice to return home to my prairie and relive my travels. Voices broke my thoughts and I was visited by a four children wanting to hear about my travels for the day. I smiled and thought of my adventures to share and indulged their curiosities. Not a sound was to be heard as I shared my tales out on the prairie.
Carolina  Wren
Honeysuckle
Miterwort
May Apple
Male Baltimore Oriole

Roses
Emerging prairie
Milkweed
New green covers an area that was a fall burn to replenish the blooms.
Dame's Rocket, a mustard family, note the four petals to signify that.

Prairie Castle

13 comments:

  1. ... and you would have lots of stories to tell. Each bird and plant can result in a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of turkey vultures in this area. I love watching them soar on the wind currents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little frog and your flowers and landscapes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Dame's Rocket. The stuff grows all over the place around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning! Such lovely pictures to start my day. The birds are gorgeous; I've never seen any of these in person except the Wren. A pair has a nest beneath our deck! I love these sweeping views you have shared and the description of the children listening in awe about your trip. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing sights of wildlife. Really like your landscapes and close-up shots.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  7. so many beauties, so much beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some beautiful birds, especially that Lazuli Bunting. Lovely flowers, too. And I'm smiling at the Prairie Castle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dont think I've ever heard of a redstart before. What a pretty little thing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy your photos. We have quite a few tree frogs and plenty of honeysuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Steve - so glad you gave us the names - incredible birds and plants to see ... oh and those vistas ... then the stories to tell - glorious thoughts ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!