Monday, May 1, 2017

Fungul Conversations

What is that lovely sound, is it Morel Mushrooms emerging?
She better hurry up and get home, I have  lots to do today.
Is it something new coming?
YUM!


Of course one hour hiking this was all I had found, but don't worry I did find more.
I must be able to hear these popping up, since they wake me up each morning and tell me to come looking for them.

These are tiny grey morels, to be followed by larger gold ones this week.
A little egg wash, creole seasoning and breadcrumbs made a nice addition with apple wood smoked bacon and a cheese omelet.
These boys felt they should eat theirs early so they could go play. The boy in the green shirt is my oldest grandson with his best friend. They liked the secrecy of not telling the location of these gems. When I send pictures into the news station I always put that secret place I always go to for my location. This area I have gone to since I was a youngster.

Virginia Creeper
Redbud
These are called Spring Beauty



Dutchman's Breeches
Buckeye or Horse Chesnut

There are a lot of variables of color with these Spring Beauty blooms.
I thought I might be the first footprints in this area until I discovered a heron had already stopped by.

17 comments:

  1. Good Morning and happy May! Such a beautiful spring post full of amazing photos today. Cute photo of your grandson and his pal. One of the many things I love about blogging is seeing the variety of plants/wildlife in areas of the country I will never visit. Thanks for sharing part of your world and have a great new week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like the beauty of spring! You must have a fungal sense to find the mushrooms! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures. I have never eaten a morel. they don't grow down here. glad to see spring has finally made it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bluebirds, and the spring beauties, too. Looks like your secret place is yielding a good crop of Morels for you. I remember Dutchman's Breeches from my childhood but seldom see them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how many of these pretty flowers will survive the snow. It's been a crazy spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've searched high and low and never found one. Would love dry them for soup in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You better be careful. You might have people stalking you to try and find your secret spot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you! I know they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've found the Cadillac of mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Steve - lovely photos ... wonderful looking morels and a good breakfast coming up. Gorgeous to see your grandson having happy times with his grandpa and his best friend - many lovely playin days to remember ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you are either lucky or good to find them. I'm terrible at it unless I run across someone who is willing to trade for a few of my trout...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love morels. We used to have them on our land, but after we logged a patch of land, the morels never came back. I miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning! Oh yes, I will be eager to see your dragonfly photos. I've seen a few here in Georgia this spring, but my camera and it's operator (me! lol) are not so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have done so well with the morels and I have yet to find one. *sigh* Your fine photos, of mushrooms and such, will have to do for now! Great collection of images, by the way! Love the detail and color.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE morels. Unfortunately I've only found two in the 12 years we have lived here. Love your flowers photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the morel pictures! LOL! I bet they were so delicious! Really enjoyed all your pictures! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!