Sunday, April 9, 2017

Sunday Stroll

Walking down to the river while waiting for friends to join me at the art center. It is hard sometimes to get together on a Sunday.
Pussy Willows

Weeping Willow
H-mm makes me think about fishing
I have been hunting Meadowlarks for a few weeks. It is hard to get close and so I shoot every time I see one, loving their light song cascading across the prairie.
The scene below the spillway is fairly loud, it is amazing trying to figure where all this water comes from. This is the Des Moines River, one I have navigated all the way to the Mississippi River from it's beginning.

A friend is keeping her six cats inside because this rabbit has found an area next to her out buildings. I laughed and said I hope some of her plants survive since they can have a terrific appetite. She laughed and said we all have to survive.
Mmmmmmm, rabbit in a dill sauce perhaps.
Not me, I never go outside
My friend I call Aunt Gladys is 86 and still active. We are not related but tease each other about being distant relatives.  We met at a Mensa group and have been friends for a long time. I take her  all over and listen to her cat lady tales. She would like to start a shelter for cats and always rescuing some lost souls. Friends say when she is crabby all I need to do is visit and she stays happy for a long time. She proofs for me and often types final copy.

This is 25 foot long
Alberto Giacometti was the draw to visit today

The artist is Anna Gaskell, I shot this for Magic Crow Love


17 comments:

  1. Your Aunt Gladys sounds like a lady who subs at my school. She is 85 years old and I can only hope to be as active and with it when I am that age. This post also makes me think I need a new cat. I had two many years ago. Currently a crazy dog owner, but there is nothing like a cat to cuddle with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have guessed your friend was 86.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Gladys looks wonderful and bless her for loving cats. (I have 5 rescues) The art is very interesting. Loved seeing the Bald Eagle and rabbit. Your description of the Meadowlark's song is beautiful. As always, I enjoyed your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a few wild rabbits the size of a housecat. It could be an even match, dill sauce or not. Nice peek into your world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steve - lovely shots - I'd stay and dally too ... fishing will come soon enough. Doesn't water make a noise ... wonderful artworks varius ... the crows, Giacometti ... fascinating range of images and good to meet Aunt Gladys - it's great having a soul mate to spend time with, cheer up, or just grump on occasions together ... cheers to you both and the family -Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nature and an art center. Looks like a pretty good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. All kinds of wondrous photos today.
    Kudos to your friend for keeping the cats inside, while the bunny visits.
    Aunt Gladys doesn't look anywhere near 86.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for showing me the Des Moines River & the pussy willows! Cute kitties noses checking out your lens!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This person sounds an interesting artist. Fascinating photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the variety in this post: Birds, cats, humans and art. How wonderful! Wild rabbits can decimate a garden in short order! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We used to have a huge pussy willow tree, but another tree grew up into its branches; and we had to cut down the pussy willow in order to get rid of the other one. I've always loved them, though. Gladys sounds like a wonderful friend, and she sure has some beautiful cats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you just love pussy willows?

    ReplyDelete
  13. in 20 years, I want to be like your friend. maybe not the cat lady part but the active part.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting post, something for everyone. Love the kitties and the artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  15. For how long with the cats in confinement?! Mine would be SO mad.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for thinking of me! Much appreciated!!!
    86? Bless her heart! I love all the cats and I love the bunny!
    I can't believe that art piece was 25 feet long! WOW! That is long! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!