Friday, March 10, 2017

Botanical Warmth


With winter still lingering this is a glimpse of warmth and flowers I can share.It's below freezing today and we may receive some snow. My early tulips are peeking, but I doubt much growth will be perceived this week. For many of us we won't be tilling that soil very soon. I get to hear a few of you already enjoying spring and it warms me to think my season is soon. I have seen a few pieces of farming equipment on the road, but no turned fields. My garden club will discuss drip irrigation next week and it seems so far away to use. When I saw this giant shovel below, I thought of Ellen shoveling two yards of soil this last week by herself. I have been out late in the day shooting a few sunsets and catching those last few rays of sun. It may not be around the next day, or even a few. I took a suet block and a few scoops of sunflower seed out and knew right away how cold it was, but was surprised when I turned my computer on. A friend who works in a bakery asked me to go and get her and her coworkers a dozen doughnuts from another bakery none of them had tried. I will use the trip to stop and take a swim and walk indoors at the YMCA.  It is close to a forty mile drive round trip, so I always try to combine my fun. I plan on going outside again late in the afternoon, playing with the light I enjoy having this week. I hope all in the cold warm thoughts and those of you in temperate climates I have envy. 
e 
















14 comments:

  1. Oh what beautiful pics. Windy and cold here too with two hard freezes to come. Sigh. My garden club was called the Venus Fly Traps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still just sighing over the lush beauty of the botanical garden. So wonderful! We have such a short season of lush growth here. It's wonderful while it lasts, but it is a long wait between growing seasons! Thank you for sharing these beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so uplifting to see the colours of those exotic flowers and plants!
    It was so worthwhile to go outside to capture the last light of the day! Beautiful skies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of interesting stuff, especially the waterfall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steve ... lovely photos - the hibiscus I got, the exotics - I'm completely unstuck - your first photo is great. Yes if I go out - I may not drive 40 miles, but I do do two or three things together ... the donuts sound quite good ... just had lunch though! Cheers and enjoy your out and abouting ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible photos. Thanks for sharing with me on my blog that you will be traveling to Ireland. Can't wait for you to share those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first picture looks more like baby birds than flowers. I like the waterfall too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers to brighten an end-of-winter day. We enjoyed some 70-degree days in the Smokies this past week. But we came home to cold temperatures. Love the contrails in your sunset images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful and serene.
    My tulips and azaleas are ready to bloom and we are expecting snow tonight. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty flowers. my shell ginger won't bloom this year since it froze to the ground. it blooms on last years growth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, such beautiful photos! We are getting hit with another big snow storm!! Nothing blooming yet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely flowers, great sky! Our weather has been all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really needed to see the warmth. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!