Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Out At The Feeders

Out at the feeders is quite a view
Somethings old and somethings new
Lots of bird friends, and critters too!


Red-belied Woodpecker
Eastern Goldfinch
White-breasted Nuthatch
Hairy Woodpecker
Black-capped Chickadee
I have noticed the female Cardinal calling to attract a male off in the forest.

Northern Cardinal, female above and male below.

It makes me think many were repeaters. They all eat well, I like to toss shell peanuts to the squirrels and watch them eat them..








Eastern Goldfinch turning back to it's bright yellow summer plumage.

Downy Woodpecker

14 comments:

  1. Very nice bird collection. We have the usual rodents also a small herd of deer has joined the scavengers...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great shots. I confess that I always like seeing a squirrel, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures, especially of Lucy the red head:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some very good bird photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steve - love the woodpeckers - they are wonderful to see .. but then so are all the other ... they are settling in for Spring - that's good ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Such a variety of diners at your feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your female cardinals have a bit more red than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos of your friends enjoying the bounty you share! Squirrels are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bird pictures are so excellent. I have no talent in that direction, but love watching them in real life. I have chickadees visiting my feeder (blogged about them today) and hope that others soon follow. You have such a wide variety of birds even at this time of year. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a good variety of little critters. I hear more than I see around here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning and thank you for returning the blog visit. Beautiful bird photos here. I especially love seeing the red bellied woodpecker. I have another blog friend in Iowa, Larry at Larry's Creative Zone and Larry's Photo A Day. Very nice to meet you and have a good Monday. Mildred

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!