Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Busy Times Makes Time Fly By

Where did this month go
As time just moves sometimes so slow
My month just flew by
On a gentle prairie breeze.


Reflecting on thoughts along the water

This is something on my mind, and unavailable until after the middle of April. I get that fever to chase these Morel Mushrooms sometimes too early. It is the thought of hunting them, a true challenge that even makes them taste better. One always discovers many treasures such as turning around toward  a tree and finding this tree frog (below) staring at me in front of my nose. At first I was startled thinking this might have been a snake, and this was not where I liked to look at snakes. I heard a couple frogs chirping on a warm day this last week, but hopefully they went back into a winter slumber.


As days go by....






After four hours of vigorous hiking my friend still didn't want to give up. These woods are beautiful and a treat to visit.



16 comments:

  1. A fantastic series of nature shots! The sheep I saw today were keeping out of the rain and wind under the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect day.
    Love the pic of the Hawk. He/she has such a soft look.
    Who's bike? Yours or your friend's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The prairie is beautiful. I read once that the prairie is the feminine of the plains. Have you ever read about the Rutger's University study to let the middle US return to its natural habitat? Caused quite a stir when it came out. I can't believe you find all those morels. I've searched the woods for 30 years and never found one. I've seen little digs around where they should be so I can only assume the deer get to them before I do. Around Easter here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you have so little snow. We got 12 inches and much of it is still on the ground. Seeing a snake hiding in that tree would spook me too. The frog looks mean enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post. We are all wistful for something, aren't we? Time that flew past... or time not moving fast enough to get us to something (morels!) we look forward to. The first shot of the eagle is absolutely perfect. And, of course, the rest are great too! Love the colors in the skies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im pretty sure that after 4 vigorous hours of hiking I would be ready for a nap

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful series of photos. I would be ready to quit after 40 min. of hiking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the Morels. Here people call them, "dry land fish".

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a couple of awesome sky photos of sunset or sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat shot of the eagle. It's not often you can capture the view from above them. Love the hawk, too, and the misty shot of the river. The sunrise/sunset shots are also gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe the frog is a good sign that spring is close by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Steve - flying with a different machine I see - disturbing the peace - still a handsome machine. Lovely seeing the prairie - and yes if it had been a snake I'd have been worried ... still cold though - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  13. morels don't grow down here. at least I've never heard of anyone hunting for them. the month does seem to have flown by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how I love those morels all the more cause I'm not very good at finding them....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree, February went by so fast! What a beautiful day! Great bike!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that little tree frog.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!