Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Winter Arrivals
















Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring. Wait, it's still early, and there was a mouse stirring his cocoa that Ann had made for him. Both Donna's made us cookies with a few to send overseas to Hilary and Christine. Someone ate them for breakfast, I had toffee also, but it was the thought that counted. They were just too good. Michelle felt she was prepared for this holiday, many like Lisa have a lot of gifts still to wrap. Red and I suffered the cold to do our annual bird count for the local conservation people last weekend. I drove 51 miles and hiked over 6 finding 37 species.Linda at Beyond gave us a message of what the Christmas holiday celebrates, a birth of a tiny child. Marcie looked for some good tunes to share as we all sang and rejoiced, do you know the Dreidel song or ever sang in  Handel's Messiah? We flash mobbed 15 stores singing Silent Night once we all converged at a central point for the third year. I was overjoyed the other night with Handel's Hallelujah, and turned around noticing all who were singing as I was along with a 58 member choir and small orchestra. I was 14 the first time I sang it and still love it the best. Tomorrow will offer us renewed happiness and Sandra will have shared some good humor she has found. Linda will host a bit of Appalachian lore, with a not so white Christmas in store.Ellen will be wearing a jacket working on her beautiful yard and then realize it is still 60, where I am in bitter cold. Ray will share a few trout fishing tales and books he has read, I imagine he is wishing he was in Florida. Bonnie has had lots of white in her world and celebrates the loss of a loved one with grace and pride. Emma may share a few thoughts with Ratty and keep the beauty of nature going. Well it was the night before the next day and I shall prepare for feasts and love. I am attending a ceremony tomorrow for all the homeless who passed in our area this last year. An hour spent in the cold is just helping many understand what a traumatic lifestyle this holds for too many around us. I hoped that I could celebrate with all of you and will do so in this upcoming year. Looking forward to a new year filled with happiness and good health to all I have met and love. Peace

9 comments:

  1. I have sung Handel's Messiah in a couple of different choirs over the years. I love to hear it sung by others, but to be one of several hundred voices singing it together is just a transcendent experience. Thank you for the reminder, and for these beautiful pictures. I always picture the wildlife mostly hibernating or "laying low" but your pictures prove to me that they are still out and about and, rather, it is I who have been hibernating since the cold arrived! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best this Christmas season and a blessed New Year.

    A flash mob singing, what a joyous event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and a happy New Year. We'll see you again in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peace, health, and prosperity to you. Indeed Ratty and I will remember you with fondness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was sweet. wishing you much joy and abundance during the holiday season and beyond. and all those creatures look cold. it's supposed to get up to 69˚ today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stephen - you ate 'my' cookies ... that's very disappointing -perhaps Father Christmas will bring me some more! Wonderful post - and thank you ... especially with the photographic offerings ... I love our Carol Services in churches, and from Cathedrals ...

    Have a blessed Christmas and New Year to one all - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cute little pony and goats in their winter coats braving the cold! All lovely prairie photos and I have very much enjoyed learning more about it and seeing it through your photos!
    I love Handel's Hallelujah Chorus too!
    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this. Wishing you all the best for Christmas and the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice way to wish all your blogging friends a Merry Christmas. I'm currently in a bit of a blogging slump, but I'm not abandoning it. Just waiting for inspiration. Merry Christmas to you, too, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!