Thursday, December 1, 2016

A Few Days Of Fun

.



I try to hike daily and go to a different park. Often I have a few I attend to regular, such as yesterday taking  a friend out to show a few places I enjoy. I feel it is like visiting my relatives, especially having watched areas I have helped replenish and share an almost direct family orientation with. I had looked at moving a few years back and would find it hard leaving my prairie for anywhere else. I laughed when my friend asked if I would consider a road trip to an Amish community to explore, and thought buying gas was like fine wine to me, putting thousands of miles each year around the state.
Welcoming a new day as a treat to be part of this world.




A tiny deer races not to be photographed
 
A  burn replenishes the prairie with new life. Some seeds need this help to germinate and it opens up areas for all the plants to compete and survive. This is at the Red Feather Prairie.
Ring-billed Gulls
White Pelican

13 comments:

  1. I love the shot of the bird house and, of course, those pelican shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how much I look forward to a nature walk with you. We see the sights. The animals show off. And I do not feel at all tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous light in these shots & so lovely to see the Pelicans but I almost missed the deer as it blends in so well.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a daily hike. With scenery like this it would be quite enjoyable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking photos at different times of the day provide some variety. I like your sunrises.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tiny deer blends in well with its environment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daily hikes is the one thing I need to get back to doing. reading your blog always reminds me to try to make that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Steve - lovely to see .. while the pelican I rather like .. but if I lived with your sort of space I'd be out and about all the time ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prairies indeed are a special place. My shady home site really isn't ideal but there are a few spots like a south facing bank that work...:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bluebird boxes nearly swallowed in tall grass, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been a while since I've explored a wilder area so I'm enjoying your photos very much. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!