Sunday, November 13, 2016

Sunday Stroll

A birdhouse yawns, getting ready for a winter slumber. It is hard to believe the mild weather that has provoked spring flowers to bloom again. Most trees have shed their leaves, and many species have left or burrowed in for the winter. I have just turned up my heat, ready to pay much higher bills. Usually it would have happened last month. It is a pleasure to take advantage of this beautiful weather and play outdoors each day. Join me for a nice stroll, we can go for coffee afterwards.



Fishing has slowed a bit, but I don't want to turn my back on it quite yet. I still have a few cartons of worms in my refrigerator.

Under a willow tree



Witch Hazel






Chasing butterflies in November

14 comments:

  1. We just turned on our heat a few days ago. My flowers started to regrow and we have had butterflies, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so peaceful indeed...glad to know you enjoy your Sunday walk..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night, we started needing a wee bit of heat. 55 was the high today.
    Great pictures, I could almost imagine myself being there with the sunshine. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are having a very mild fall and seeing some extras like butterflies and blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steve - it's still 'relatively' warm here ... and yes the flowers are still out.. Love seeing your lands and enjoy the last few fishing times .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful walk. I can't get the picture of a carton of worms in the fridge out of my head now...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! This long lingering autumn is such a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're still enjoying beautiful days, but the temperatures have dropped significantly. Winter is coming. I love the picture of the chair with its back to the water. A few cartons of worms in the refrigerator, huh? Don't grab the wrong container when you get up for your midnight snack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a lovely walk. No cream or sugar in my coffee:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our heat is on downstairs but I still haven't turned it on upstairs. I like it cold when I sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely series of photos out and about - that empty chair is just calling your name for some fishing action!
    So cute to see the inquisitive squirrel!
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, your photos are beautiful as usual but my favorite is the lone chair...somehow, it speaks volumes...
    Hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous post of a beautiful fall season...:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't it amazing there's still butterflies to chase in November.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!