Thursday, November 24, 2016

Hello Moon





I waited two evenings to get good shots of the super moon. As the sun set the clouds moved in and blocked the moon coming over the horizon. Later I was able to get a few shots as it ascended into the sky. It was a good excuse to sit in a cornfield and shiver with some of the first chilly nights. I watched the sun set, and thought of many times and friends I had sat with. While going to school in Arizona it was fun to sit and watch both the sun and moon move over a pass where two mountain ranges came together. Maybe it is the primitive in us that produces the draw, I feel many times a surge of spirit. One of the first things I do each morning is see what the sunrise is doing, and feel good to enjoy another day out on the prairie. We talked about that at a retreat I went to this last weekend and I laughed thinking how I almost felt many of the areas I helped work on were almost like children and fun for me to watch them grow each year. It keeps me where I live, close the land I love so well. My gentle thoughts drifted across the land, on a gentle prairie breeze, for all to enjoy.



My best from the first night and below best of the second morning. Pretty close to the same. I like the mountain range on the right edge with a large crater.
I like the mountain range on the right side.









You know winter is close when your pony sports a beard.

8 comments:

  1. You didn't do too badly waiting for the moon as you got some great sunrise and sunset shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve - fascinating to read you've been out and about loving nature since your early days; those photo shots are amazing ... lovely images - so good to see the wildlife too ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well your sitting in the cornfield payed off. You got some nice shots of the moon.
    What a cute pony that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great set of images, Steve. The gorgeous sky shots made the shivering worthwhile. And you did very well with the moon. Love that beautiful buck and all your critter shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched the moon rise on the second night (first night was cloudy)as it rose big and orange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! I especially love the geese. I watched the moon from my treestand. It wasn't a luckless hunt as I got to watch several flocks of geese pass between me and the moon. I love the cattail photos. You certainly enjoy your posts. You take me on fabulous walks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great moon and critter shots.
    I somehow missed the gigantic moon. I saw a full moon but just ordinary size :(
    Hope your Thanksgiving was wondrous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful shots! I don't think I'd like to sit in a cold field though.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!