Sunday, October 2, 2016

Sunday Stroll

A Wooly Bear cuddles close to the stem of a tall flower, trying to stay warm after a cool night. The morning sun warms the land around, Many insects slow down when if cools at night, and soon morning frosts will stop many until the next season. this is a late season larvae that announces the approach of fall and cooler weather. Sometimes I have thought maybe if I stepped on them I might lengthen summers season.I don't do this, since I wouldn't want someone to step on me either.

Cardinal Flower, a type of Lobelia is in the Bluebell family.
Earlier in the week I passed this aster and counted ten butterflies on it.

Stiff Goldenrod reaches for the sky.
Closed Gentian graced the sun in large patches.

After a few weeks of tagging, I am out of the tags. I still like to get close and admire my friends.


This lady let me do a hand held close up  while she drank the sweet nectar of the Goldenrod.


Buckeye
Have a lovely week!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Steve - lovely shots - that woolley bear is an amazing creature .. while your flutterbyes are special ... gorgeous as the days cool off - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great shots! Love all the little wild critters and the blue, blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info, Steve. I really admire you for doing this. I don't think those butterflies would want me anywhere near them. I'd fumble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice butterflies. The milkweed pods just beginning to throw seeds to the wind are stupendous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good eye on many different shots. It's a while since I saw the last butterfly here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beautiful Monarch shots! And I love the Buckeye, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos of your stroll - Really like the last shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fine day for a stroll. The butterflies are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved woolly caterpillars when I was a kid. What great shots of the Monarch. I didn't realize their little bodies were spotted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing. I still see a few monarchs up here but they are scurrying south.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree about that last shot. It is wondrous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. loved the photos specially butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  13. the butterflies are migrating. our asters and goldenrod haven't started up yet.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!