Saturday, October 29, 2016

Sunday Stroll: A Long Hike

Turkey Vultures swoop and swirl hoping to find a meal to share together.
A huge carved bear over ten foot tall holds a fall decoration to celebrate the season. It started out cloudy, but the sun broke through to make it an enjoyable day.




Lets walk along the river on a sandbar and look for treasures.




Bluebirds stay through the winter in this area, obviously a good source of food.



Question Mark Butterfly


I lay on my back
Watching leaves fall
All around me.


You can tell what type of tree it is by the color. This hill off in the distance is covered with Burr Oak.

17 comments:

  1. Love all the photos, but the first really shouts Halloween to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I need a nap after that walk. Love the red leaves and that great barn and silo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had an enjoyable tromp. Thanks for taking us along:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fall is here. I love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful day. Love that blue sky. We had clouds and rain today

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things are very colorful at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely walk, I have always enjoyed laying under a tree's canopy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that old, dilapidated barn and silo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos. Love the colors of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Steve - wonderful .. what fun to have the Bluebirds stay around .. and a good walk clears the air, while giving you and us lovely images to remind us of open spaces ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Halloween. Hope the kiddos have fun.
    That first picture is perfect for today.
    Keep the cauldron boiling:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fall colors are just awesome! Just right to lie back and look up at the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have a bluebird that keeps checking out the bluebird house. I'm confused since it's November. Or is she confused?
    Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a little envious--the being able to lay on the ground and watch the leaves fall. First of all, my allergies would murder me, and second of all, we don't really get fall in Florida. So beautiful--the changing leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lucky are you to have Bluebirds year round!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely season indeed. I always love autumn. Feels like enjoying nature's best..

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!