Friday, October 14, 2016

Strolling With An October Breeze

 A huge Blue Racer  is a leader for reptile hibernation. It often knows the best places and many species follow. Known to be a bit aggressive I am surprised so many might want to hang out all winter with it. I sent a picture to a friend and he thought I had found a cobra.Not having a heavy glove I didn't get a closeup of myself holding this cranky critter.They have a mouthful of teeth to hold on to a meal while constricting them.I had told my youngest I had a gift for her, and she told me to keep it if this was the gift. She thinks I need a pet to keep me company since I live by myself.


Morning glories shine in the sunlight climbing up corn stalks.

Sunlight shines a silvery sheen on these prairie grasses.







You can scratch a name on many vine vegetables and it will grow with the fruit.
Those last few blooms become just as precious as the first blooms.

As one can see, I played with back-lighting today.


11 comments:

  1. I always love wild morning glories, but they are such a pain in the garden. I saw many while out walking this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures certainly show the advance of fall. I do love that first morning glory shot. The lighting is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that's cool that you put names on pumpkins and they become part of the pumpkin. I wouldn't have thought about that.
    Love the pumpkin pictures....the snake, not so much.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I would consider a snake for a pet. I prefer four legged furry creatures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue racer was imposing. He looks aggressive. I liked your heart sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most interesting snake I'd never seen before....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm okay with garter snakes but that's my limit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never knew that about scratching the name in the pumpkin. I will have to try that next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thought I commented yesterday, but I don't see it here! Love the stroll. The snake photo is awesome. I was trying for a good one of a spider on a web yesterday, but the wind made it tricky! Also love the names carved in a pumpkin. Have never thought to do that, but now I'm going to have to try it next year. Thank you for strolling and sharing your prairie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Glories are so pretty, but they sure are invasive.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!