Sunday, October 9, 2016

Bisonology: A Sunday Stroll

Visit  Marcie in Michigan at The Quiet Country House,  https://quietcountryhouse.blogspot.com  to join in on these Sunday strolls. I always enjoy her posts and have joined her strolls.It is fun to share a passion enjoying a good walk and thoughts along the way.
Not sure what blogger is doing to my pics . A tiny icon appears instead of my photo and then I need to open them.









This bull is heading to a spring that feeds into this water for a cool drink. Often when they are up on land they stand in front the youngster and don't let a watcher see it well.With larger herds the babes are kept in the center for safety if anyone approaches.


This didn't look comfortable
I love the asters


15 comments:

  1. Enjoyed seeing the buffalo. There is a buffalo farm not far from where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strolls of any kind are one of the best parts of life. You get a blog post very quickly when you go out for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing like a nature stroll on Sunday. I enjoyed myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see these buffalo thriving. As for blogger...*sigh* it is always some sort of problem, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the shot of the buffalo cow and calf entering the water. And your asters are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Steve - love seeing the bison, but those flies ... not good. The asters too - glorious ... ours are out here ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is a stroll that I am only privileged to enjoy through your posts! Amazing to see the bison and so many young!
    Flies are such tormentors as I remember our cattle getting many an infection in summer with so many flies feeding on them.

    The asters are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flies were doing that to my horses recently too, so I had to put one of those 2 week fly treatments on them. They really help. I wish my boys could see those bison!

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing clicks and the eye one is really award winning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stroll with the flowers, but those bison are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My! Love bison but BE CAREFUL getting that close...they will chase you and nail you but good!
    Hope you used the zoom!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Just wanted to reply to you about the mosaic and from what I can find out it was commissioned back in 1963 by the firm who built the Enkalon factories in Antrim - a project that brought the Dutch and British firms into close working partnership.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Except for the buggy eyes, the buffaloes look content. Those babies are well taken care of.
    What a beautiful, sunny day.
    Blogger can get weird.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Outstanding photos! They are certainly majestic creatures. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. The asters are pretty:)
    Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!