Wednesday, October 12, 2016

A Lovely Day

I build these sculptures with many types of materials, I am Golden Heart Productions. It is fun to go back and see how long they last and of course hope someone else enjoyed them as well. When using leaves one must be aware poison ivy is one of the first plants to turn.

Not long before the frogs and turtles will bury themselves for the cold . This huge bullfrog waited to pounce on a snack for quite some time.






A mowed set of paths allowed one to look at marked specimens and hope to return to the parking. It was fun and free, full of treasures with plants taller than me.



I really have enjoyed the late bloom of this Pitcher Sage.
Signs were posted to help one learn more about the prairie. There was a checklist provided to keep families busy with their study of nature.
I have been looking at new vehicles most of the year. I wanted one I can pay cash for and avoid repairs and payments. I always like a classy ride such as this Lincoln and Thunderbird, but they looked a little too used.I finally found a Hyundai Santa Fe that works well and looks perfect. When I said I would be back as I have so many other times, I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the salesman running out after me. I stopped and he said , " The Boss said I could take another thousand off." I said to write it up, many know I love a good sale. LOL I keep looking at it each day and comment what a great little car. You wouldn't believe how many I drove before saying yes all year, a salesperson's nightmare.My youngest has worked finding me many and I rested that decision on her shoulders many times. This time I did it on my own.I love her for all the hard work and fix her a dinner often, and find many treasures in my travels for her and her two boys who adore me.


A Question Mark
Is no question to me
How beautiful you can be.

18 comments:

  1. Hi Steve - love the butterflies and the Pitcher Sage - the American car is something else! Cheers and so glad we're all beautiful in many ways ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good times! Love the heart "sculptures." Would love to stumble upon one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? No picture of the new car? The old Lincoln and Thunderbird were definitely showing their respective ages. I loved all the butterfly shots. I don't believe I've ever seen a Question Mark before. It's a beauty. I think number 11 is my favorite of the day, though. Love all the blurred yellow in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wings on that last butterfly are so interesting - I love the scalloped look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these pics, are so much more than pics. The speak to you. The red leaves stole my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Steve, Love your sculpture and as always your pics.
    Sounds like you have a wonderful, close-knit family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these photos are just wonderful. how lucky you are to live in such a beautiful place. but then the whole planet is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It wa a lovely day with all the critters you saw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As blue is my favourite colour, the Pitcher sage is my favourite today but the butterflies amongst the yellow were beautifully photographed too.
    Buying a new car is a big decision - I think the Santa Fe is a very classy car!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your leaf sculpture looks like an exotic flower. Leaf sculptures must not last too long with the winds we have been having.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a beautiful series of photos! I love to see all those pretty flowers and critters. Cheers from NYC..

    ReplyDelete
  12. The butterflies are so pretty and as always I enjoy your hearts.
    That first car does look like it's been around the block a few times.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful pictures, as always. I really like all the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The frog and turtle pics are great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These were absolutely fantastic! The contrast in colors and the gradation between them is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, a car salesman doesn't feel pressure until he sees you are going to leave!
    I love the last picture especially.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The prairie maze sounds a lot better than the corn mazes here this time of year. My dad always had a Lincoln - memories. We looked at Santa Fe's several years ago but settled for an Altima when gas was through the roof, not bad though. Um, we need to see your new ride. :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am loving the shot of the turtle! Neat!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!