Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sunday Stroll And Lunch



A bench set in memory of a life long conservationist and teacher. It is always a nice place to rest during hiking or skiing in this park
A marker for research
I had to laugh how many times I had used this cottonwood as a location marker to return back toward my vehicle, only to find that it actually is two trees Having dropped many leaves it is easier to see.Many Native American cultures shared the belief that ones spirit returned to these huge trees.
A bluebird house waits for another season next year.


I always am amazed how much pollen some bees carry on their hind legs.



As a good way to finish a nice hike I made Eggs Benedict for a late Sunday lunch.

11 comments:

  1. You took a nice trip and rewarded yourself with a tasty lunch. It all looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous nature images, the Eggs Benedict look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lunch looks good. A nice Sunday stroll. I enjoyed going along

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the monarch and the Cottonwood Tree. But... my favorite is the frog. Love his froggy face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up with giant cottonwoods reflected in the mighty Missouri. I know that is where my spirit will return to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first shot is so beautiful! Love the frog peaking out of the slime. And your post-hike meal looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful butterfly! How nice that we can capture them without catching them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Steve - funny how trees hide within themselves. What a wonderful memory to a naturalist teacher ... and an excellent place for resting-a-while ... those Eggs look good ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a delightful stroll and a real bonus to see the butterfly, bee and frog even popping up to say 'hi!'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a nice walk. I like the frog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting belief about spirits returning to trees.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!