Friday, August 12, 2016

Camping Fun

When one goes to a favorite fishing area, is it a good sign to have Turkey Vultures waiting along the shore? They were just enjoying the sunshine to warm up for a day of flight.There were nine here, but most flew away upon seeing me approach.
Hard to shoot a selfie with a large fish in one's hand. You should have been there doing it for me.I always have an extra pole with me.


Clouds rolling down the river valley into the lake didn't produce rain.
With all the fighting fish all morning, the toughest was this 5 1/2 foot stick. It was sodden with water, and stopped at one point acting like a big catfish or turtle holding down on the bottom. Once I got it in I noticed it had caught the line of three different fishermen, plus a lure.What a find, and great story  to tell at camp, the big one that didn't get away.



Wild Onion



Goldenrod

Northern Flicker
You have your mother's eye patch
All the surrounding Queen Anne's Lace had  black center. I liked this one below that had a star.


11 comments:

  1. Did you grill up the stick for dinner? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the turkey vultures left the stick for you! A good day by the looks of things with sculptures and cows and flowers along the way! My favourite is that wee tiny back star in the middle of the Queen Anne's lace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a marvelous sculpture! Is it really in the middle of nowhere or does it just look like it from your camera angle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great fish story especially when you show the photos of all the fish you caught.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steve - glad the stick came to a break near you - so you could rescue that tangle of fishing line ... your fish (not sure what it is!) looks a great catch - which I hope you enjoyed ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the stick will be the best fish story ever to tell. Especially since others have tried and failed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had fun:)
    Love the picture of the flicker and the cows.
    Enjoy your weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, that's one stick that won't be stealing anyone's hooks in the future. gorgeous wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a good day fishing, except for that stick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photos. I love that sculpture with the birds rising!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a pretty good job with that selfie. You might need to get one of those selfie sticks that I see people using. Love the flicker. Did you do a catch and release on that log? :)

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!