Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Picturesque Blooms And A Parade






The people assemble, waiting for the parade to begin. In a tiny town such as this it sometimes is a return to see old friends and family, or just relive old memories. I love a good parade, no matter the size. It shows civic pride and keeps the towns alive. Children hoped to get lots of candy and I stooped to pick up a few pieces to pass on to the children near me. I laughed when I asked one girl if she was going to eat it all,and she offered me some of her goodies.A lady asked me about what I was doing with all the pictures and I shared a few with her.We had a good chat and found some interests that both of us had. The beauty of the day and good thoughts still survive, pushing through the prairie blooms, and across the land on a gentle prairie breeze.
A grand start with a color guard 








Rubber was attached to the steel wheels to make it easier on the roads

This is not just a guy thing. I think I may have to paint the old Ford, they all look so nice.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Steve - glad the prairie is still going and we're getting your picturesque blooms ... fun parade ... loved the first Farmall tractor ... and painting the old Ford - good project for winter?! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flowers, but I think I love the tractors more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the colors of the flowers. But I especially love the look at all of those tractors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small town parades are better in my opinion. And what is a parade without the tractors. My favorite are the folks on horseback. You can drive through rural Georgia on the weekend and people are out riding their horses as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a good parade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I like this parade. Most of the tractors are from my time on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I had those orange day lilies at my old place. Love them.
    So glad you enjoyed the parade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flowers are beautiful. You outdid yourself on those. Love the parade, especially the old Farmalls. That first one is really a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the flowers are lovely of course. was the parade a 4th of July celebration?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flowers and great, very familiar, looking parade. Our 4th parade is 4 blocks long. That is really two but they turn around and come back through...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blooms and the old tractors. Good summertime fun!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!