Saturday, July 2, 2016

Babies And More

A mother and four baby ground squirrels.

This is a series of pictures taken over a few hours of the three bald eagle babies I have shown you , before when still in the nest. They have learned to fly, but a parent would land every half hour and drop a fish, then fly off for more. Just like kids they would shove and push, and argue a lot over many things going on around them.



Here one has a feather and a disgruntled nest mate on the left made me wonder if it had it recently plucked.



The one in the front has a small fish and blocks the others with it's wings.


A prairie just down the road from the farm.


Purple Prairie Clover

13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, look at all those babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy your pictures. The living creatures are wonderful but the ones that soothe me are the plants and prairie pictures. Feels like home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of the eaglets. The same social behavior is shared by many species and fun to observe. I love chipmunks which are closely related to ground squirrels. I know they are pests but I have always thought they were cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first picture is so cute. Hope you're enjoying your holiday weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing the baby Bald Eagles. Just like kids! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those ground squirrels are adorable! Thank you for these great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Young birds in a competitive mode for food are not pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some very cool pictures of the birds and ground squirrels. I really like that one of the ground squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific shots this post - I'll bet it was fascinating to be able to watch those eagles grow and progress (and thanks for sharing it with the rest of us! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the eagles! You always manage to take such great photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I first saw the picture of the ground squirrels, I thought they were meerkats. I've never seen a group of ground squirrels standing upright like that. That was a great series of pictures of the eagles So neat that all three survived to fledge. Hope they all make it. Love the shots of the fence and the purple prairie clover, which looks like it's wearing a tutu.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I've ever seen many squirrels like that. How cute!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!