Sunday, June 12, 2016

Take The Bull By The Horns

This lot of bulls looked ready for the rodeo. Was it the red I was wearing that caught their attention?

Mmmm raspberries and blueberries


An old farmstead with just relics for buildings was a bustling farm at one time.  I almost can hear the stories of family lives when I see these old farms. 

A few of you might enjoy that I have been catching a few fish here and there. It is real hard to take a selfie with a camera though. I can set a delayed exposure and run into an area where my camera is focused, or try to hold them out  with my arm.It is always nice to have someone shoot it for you, but you don't always get a quality picture.
 

 Breakfast,dinner and lunch



At a car show. I had a red one like this Ford Ranchero I paid $200 for.
My favorite was this Nash Metropolitan. They were built long before we had gas worries, but had very good gas mileage.They were built between 1954 and 1962 when Nash combined with the Hudson company. One of my father's friends had a pair of these,  and we often enjoyed rides in his convertibles. To a child then, they seemed like race cars.


I would take any of the bikes, or that blue Chevelle or Chevy truck.


17 comments:

  1. I haven't been to a car show in a long time. I love the old ones. That Chevelle reminds me of the car my brother had back in high school

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried planting blueberries again this year but only one bush took. I don't have the best luck with them. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your fishing yielded some beauties! Car shows are always fun. My dad was partial to Nash. We had one of the old 1950 bathtub-style ones in a chartreuse color. Later, after I graduated from high school, Dad sold me the family car, a 1959 Nash Rambler...one of the ones that looked like station wagons but weren't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another nice collection of photos. Love the look on the bull's face. lol! The old car shows are fun. Wonder if they will someday have car shoes for vintage 2016 models? Can't imagine which would have lasting value and interest to collectors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good looking fish....and cars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often wonder about the lives of those who once inhabited these empty homesteads. My son would be in his element admiring all those cars & bikes!
    You'll not be hungry today after a good days fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Steve - then you're not choosy re your vehicle?! The bulls look well ... while berries = yummy. Fun photos - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun shots! And those berry bushes are gorgeous! Going to be full of berries I hope!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. love to see all those photos. You have nice fresh breakfast, lunch and dinner :)..

    ReplyDelete
  10. In high school, I used to drive my parent's Rambler station wagon into a parking place fast and stop without a jerk since that was the popular way to park a car with my friends and I after school. This was 1973. Such priorities, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bull is a very handsome fellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed the tips of its horns being clipped. Probably a good idea;)

      Have a great Tuesday:)

      Delete
  12. The bull can rest assured that I will not grab his horns. I know better. Ramblers, Studebakers, Hudsons, Packards... I have ridden in them all because someone in my family had one or the other. They were big old tanks but they got us where we wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. While I don't eat fish (or meat) I ironically think it's rather funny that fish always have the well-deserved surprised look on their faces

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the old farmstead with old buildings. Yes if these old buildings could talk what a story they could tell.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the closeup of the bull. The first thing I noticed was the ends of its horns.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Raspberry and blueberries. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!