Wednesday, May 18, 2016

New Chicks

Trail to two cities
A Comma butterfly

Male Eastern Bluebird 
Buckeye blossoms
Prairie palace

The rabbits are making a nest, but have fled the coop to deeper woods.
One of my favorite chicks, my oldest and baby Harrison in tow.
Red-headed Woodpecker

The current rooster looks rather primitive

The furry feet reminded a friend that she needed to shave she said.

I'm getting 16 turkeys, so need to move what is in the brood room out to a barn. We have hatched 50 new chickens and bought another 30.This duck will join the other two crazies.When you carry water buckets and sit them down, a duck is sure to try it out. It is not always what you want.

15 comments:

  1. that's a lot of chickens. going into egg production?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve - love your daughter and grandson ... and enjoy all those flourishing littlies ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss having animals. I guess I am still just a farm girl at heart. The most I can manage now though is helping care for my son's dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you've got all the fun stuff, chicks and ducks, and birds and flowers and butterflies. A little piece of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here a chick there a chick everywhere a chick chick :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see all of your chicks...even the human one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed these. Those baby chicks are too cute. And your child with her child.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the time of year for all kinds of new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't raised turkeys. I did see a mother turkey with twelve babies yesterday when I was running in our woods and heard a rustling. They were super cute... Still little peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh, lots of feathers flying at your place :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This makes me think back to when we had chickens and rabbits. That's what a good blog post does, makes us think about happy things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Sunday. Hope you're enjoying your camping.
    What kind of chickies are those? They are just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the Prairie Palace. :) The shot of the bunny with the nesting materials in its mouth is wonderful. Love the rooster portrait, too. You're building quite a menagerie on your farm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aren't those blues in the flowers gorgeous?

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!