Saturday, April 2, 2016

New Things Around Me





I wanted to offer a Kleenex, but his tongue works well

Where is that sun, will it ever come?

Sailing feather
These Lesser Scaup kept diving and staying away from me while I was trout fishing. There were nine in their group before they finally flew away.

A new friend who has visited on three different days. I love the vibrant colors of a spring Mallard.
Sunrise on my way down to the river
Turkey Vultures have returned. I enjoy watching these huge birds as they soar. One morning last summer I was fishing at the lake and thought I heard people. It was a cluster of these birds waking and preening in the sun, trying to warm up for the day.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Steve - what are the little blue flowers (please)?! Those cows are some beefy beasts ... love those horns ...

    Then the birds and moon, and Turkey Vultures ... such fun to see the varied life .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I really like the sailing feather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes! Those are some huge horns on that guy. Can't imagine having to carry those around on my head all day long

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw my first turkey vulture of the season yesterday. Spring has sprung.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glorious photos, the feather boat especially.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you wouldn't want to tangle with those two fellas in the first photos. I think they could do a lot of damage to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When those cattle are finished with their hides, those are going to make beautiful rugs or seat covers or something like that. Are they a particular breed of cattle?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been seeing turkey vultures around here as well. I thought of them as the first sign of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you really have all those flowers blooming? My daffodils have been in bud for weeks, but have not yet opened. Still waiting on spring. We got several more inches of snow last night. Things are looking good out your way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you catch anything?
    Flowers and birds...it's Spring finally!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Great shots. Our Spring has gotten railroaded by lingering old man Winter...snow and all. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Great shots. Our Spring has gotten railroaded by lingering old man Winter...snow and all. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those Longhorns are something else. Friendly I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shots! Love that longhorn!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!