Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A Walk Along A Stream



                                                                 A simple stream
                                                                 Perhaps a treasure
                                                                 For you and me to find.



If you look close at this picture, one will see how a pile of logs made an imprint in the stone of the creek bed. I took a sample and tried to find a match of tree bark to compare.









An aha moment, a tree of similarity
Serviceberry makes a cloud like bloom through the forest

12 comments:

  1. I love spring. I love wildflowers and these are so sweet. I love that piece of stone with the bark imprint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mini waterfall. These are great pictures of the world waking up from the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, looks like you have a match there with that tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stream looks like a great place to explore. Love the wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could that be a pottery sherd? I've seen some where Native Americans used natural surfaces (like bark) to pattern their pots. Often the scraps that you find don't even look like artifacts; they are easily mistaken for rocks or mud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Steve - I'd love to wander along that stream in its peaceful state - and I'm always amazed at what rocks hold - the prehistory of life ... Love the bursting blooms too ... white is always so peaceful and stands out against the trees and earthy floor before the greening appears ... Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun stone find! Beans take less time to pressure can than meats, so it's probably fine so long as she doesn't put meat in them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely place for exploration..and a peaceful stroll. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun. I would have done the same thing (finding the matching tree). I imagine in a few weeks that little stream will be even more beautiful. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband likes Serviceberry blooms best of all spring blossoms. Really enjoyed seeing the closeup of the blooms.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!