Sunday, March 6, 2016

Working On Spring


The dam here is taller than me, but hard to tell it is there. The surf below was deafening, but waters receded as fast as they rose.
I wondered how many lived there per acre

When I see homes left behind I often wonder about the families who once lived there. They decorated for holidays, and celebrated the lives of many. When it came time to paint, was it an extended decision what color to use? Was this a first home, where it was a castle for the first time owners? Now it sits empty, a sad waste of a once nice home.
Gravity can be tough on a building
Flocks  flying overhead tell me spring is near.



I travel this road and think I may be part of a continued Marty Robbins song.
I wonder if they only took on traffic accidents

A perfect place to live?

12 comments:

  1. Hi Steve - yes Spring is springing here too ... I went to the Midlands at the weekend - the blackthorn is coming out fast, while the greening is appearing. The birds are definitely in full song - frozen back occasionally ... the land of your old homes ... lots of stories to tell I guess, and sad ones many of them ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, a wonderful pictorial adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't stop laughing over your comment about the attorney's sign

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see any geese passing overhead this year. I always wonder about abandoned houses too, the circumstances of their abandonment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I don't see snow...so maybe the flock knows!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waiting to see my first robin. The geese went south very late, it seemed to me... but haven't seen them coming back this way yet. There are other signs of spring though! Lots of green showing through as the snow melts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. who in the world would name something Utopia Ave?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That old silo in the golden sunshine is a thing of beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos! Makes me want to get outside and take some pictures. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog for Hilary's interview. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought sure that "Nut Acre" was what you were calling your new place. :) Love the silo shot. Great lighting in that one. That abandoned house looks sturdy yet, unlike the gravity-afflicted barn.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!