Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Cultivating Success

An amazing gift to bestow on a new gardener. It has all the basics to make the best start into gardening an easy one to enjoy. A amazingly amount of information packed into a good days read, it offers areas to record your thoughts and ideas on each chapter. I really enjoyed looking at all this, since it hit on topics I have heard recently at my master gardener meetings.Look for it on Amazon, for $21, and you are sure to see what grabbed my attention.

I really enjoyed how it addressed the family experience to eat well. Marcie's children enjoyed to help photograph all the illustrations involved, plus seem very active in their food production. I have enjoyed reading her blog, The Quiet Country House, for some time, and enjoy her style used with her writing. It always places me in her world and makes me able to see and feel all around her. We  have a lot in common, and I always look forward to her next post. Look over her blog:
http://quietcountryhome.blogspot.com 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Steve. What a nice post to find first thing this morning. You made my day! I hope others will find the book helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a good review of her book and sounds like a blog worth checking out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the reference. I can use all the help I can geet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steve - i'm sure the kids love helping out - in all ways and learning too .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree this book would enhance any new gardener's perspective. I really like Marcie's book and hope it does well.
    Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like a good how to book to get started!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!