Friday, March 18, 2016

Blue Skies, Are Forever


After long period of gloomy days the sun looks brighter and the sky a beautiful shade of blue.


 





Frozen waterfalls


I walked one of my daughters across this bridge for her wedding three years ago.

This state park, Ledges, was where I picnicked as a child. The sandstone exposed makes an almost Alpine feel, along with tall  hills to hike. This was often the site for a last picnic after the first frost, with my father fixing a huge pot of chili over a fire.











10 comments:

  1. The Rock formations there are really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue skies but the dull time of spring before things turn green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve - blue skies forever .. are now grey here for the weekend! How fantastic to remember the days of your father and his chilli - and then walking your daughter across the bridge for her wedding - wonderful selection of shots ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first shot. Hopeful of spring. The wedding bridge is beautiful. I'll bet that made a lovely entrance for the bride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must have been some wedding. The bridge makes the perfect entrance for a bride.

    ReplyDelete
  6. spring blue skies are such a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classic March.. and some fine photos. Just as I scrolled to the train images, the song I was listening to had the line "Anybody missed the train that left at the station?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet that wedding was beautiful. So interesting to see these photos today. I'm betting that in just a few weeks time it will be completely different. I know I'm much happier when the browns add a bit of color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful park! I love the bridge and the rocks. Thank you for sharing. It is wonderful even without the summer green.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!