Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Little Bird Told Me

One of my mother's favorite resources for information  was little birds. It is amazing that this became a passion of mine as I always pay head to the birds calls around me. I was never happy when they told on me however as a child. " You were in the apple tree down the street," she might say. " How did you know  that?" I would reply. " A little bird told me,"she replied. Darn those birds.
Dismal days with low light turn a color photo into a black and white



A new arrival, the Purple Finch, tells me spring is near.
This is the female




Hey, I thought I was the prettiest around


What do you mean leave those birds alone? I am the prettiest by far.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Steve - wonderful shots - yes our birds are dashing around .. with the dreaded predators around too ... jays and magpies .. wonderful shots - and yes the prettiest by far ..cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. those must be the finches that were mobbing my bird feeders for the past several weeks. They and the goldfinches are mostly gone now. cold front blew in late yesterday reminding us that just because spring is here it doesn't mean winter is quite through with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The juncos left the day the purple finches arrived...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So , another two months and I might see these birds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the barns and all the little birds, even the tattletales. :) The male cardinals are so brilliantly colored. It makes them especially welcome visitors on these dreary winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. birds never could keep anything a secret.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute kitty and I like the barn quilt! So the birds are watching and reporting back... don't let it make you paranoid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice that your migrating birds are returning. I imagine we will not see ours for several more weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!