Thursday, January 7, 2016

On A Winter Day





A sun dog makes a faint rainbow strip in the sky.This is when the sun reflects off ice crystals in the atmosphere.



A county courthouse dusted with a recent snow.
A new little friend
Walter herds everything, including me



These Baby Doll sheep are a nice pet that will mow your lawn.

This is one of the 100 summer hatchlings, my daughter's favorite.
Maybe I could huddle with you chickens to stay warm.
Note the rabbit, named Eunice. Three got loose over the summer and now there are white rabbits all around the barnyard.

10 comments:

  1. All are fantastic, but my fav is the sheep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water droplets. Animal cuteness. Nice to know what a sun dog is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what fun with all those critters. I was a bit envious to hear you were going to the thrift stores today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so much fun to watch a herding dog at work. If he doesn't have a job, he'll find one. I also enjoyed the icy reflections, the old barn, and the lonely bench. But now I'm feeling chilled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you have been blessed with a little snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Steve .. rabbits - oh yes, run rabbit run ... lovely shots especially of animals with one foot off the snow ... they are funny. Your new little soul is lucky ...

    We're about to get cold .. but I hope it won't be very very cold - and that sun dog is interesting to know about ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful farm critters you have! I especially love the sheep! I am partial to sheep and goats and think they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the second picture. Looks like little ice birds hanging upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get "herded" too. But that what GSD were originally bred for...:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to say, where's the snow, shouldn't you be covered in snow by now. and then there is was.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!