Sunday, December 13, 2015

Frosty Morning

Cattails stand
Bursting with seed
Staying soft and fuzzy.
A Charlie Brown tree, I think this shall be mine also. I am sure the Christmas shows are all on. "A Charlie Brown Christmas" portrays what the holiday spirit is all about. I am always amused by Charles Schultz creations. A friend's first animation job was drawing the tiny bird Woodstock.
Madonna and child graces the early morning sun.

There seems to be a certain tranquility in the early morning. The frost muffled all sounds if there were any. I gazed at these deer and watched as they became a bit alarmed by my presence. I wanted to tell them I meant no harm, but failed to relay my thoughts to them of love and admiration. Frost made a soft carpet for them to walk ever so quietly. Even brushing against the bush was muffled by tiny ice crystals adhered to everything. As the sun opened the day it also melted the frost away.





I like the lone red leaf and a shape that made me think of a court jesters cap.
Tall grasses, out on the prairie.



17 comments:

  1. There is just something magical about a frosty morning. Very nice photos. I like the Charlie Brown tree, but I am more partial to Rudolph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good coating of frost certainly gives a much different look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful frosty images! Frosty mornings can be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures and words make me want to return to one of my nature parks that has similar features.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steve - wonderful shots .. I love the crispness frost brings to one's walks ... I wonder if animals have a different reaction because of your mention of the frost crystals. The red leaf was well spotted. Lovely seed heads, grasses and then the deer ... tranquil photos - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful frosty morning. We've had a few of them around here but it's always too dark when I'm going to work to see what the frost has painted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Madonna and child is a very unique find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures. The Madonna Tree is nice. You have a bit of frost, we have a major dumping of snow this morning (SLC, UT).

    ReplyDelete
  9. looking awfully brown and cold. interesting coloration on the 'madonna' tree.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some beauties here. I especially like the red leaf. Frost has such interesting forms, like snowflakes but gentler. If that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful. I saw milkweed this fall growing wild for the first time since moving to Oregon in 1998. A hopeful sign for monarch butterflies.
    That madonna is amazing; pretty soon you're gonna get pilgrims coming to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing outline on that tree, Steve; where is it? More people need to watch a Charlie Brown Christmas to really "get it."

    ReplyDelete
  13. My fellow St. Paulite and hockey supporter was the best. I still miss his work...:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the madonna tree- that is neat! I grew up on Charlie Brown and I wish my grandkids had the same experience as I did..they don't seem to be interested in Christmas cartoons. I guess it's hard to compete with cell phones and internet. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to look closely at that Madonna tree.. it caught my eye before reading your words about it. Has somebody coated that image with something like chalk.. or is the tree just naturally lighter there? It's quite impressive.

    I miss my dear buddies.. so thank you for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are just Beautiful!
    And it Does look like the MaDonna!!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely! I agree with you about the tranquility of early mornings. It is my favorite time of day.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!