Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Warm Daze


 
White-breasted Nuthatch
It is almost the middle of November and while I am walking around a small pond frogs are jumping ahead of me. Tadpoles can be seen swimming, a very unusual fall. This tiny Pearl Crescent landed near me and seemed to be warming up a bit in the afternoon sun. There isn't a lot to eat as far as nectar, but it was still finding enough to stay alive. I watched it flit around me as I sat in my lawn chair taking a break. The nights have been a bit cool, but I am still able to camp for a few days fairly comfortable. It is a bit nice to hear the heater come on , the  night before was a directive to head back home for a warm shower and not having to wear a stocking cap to bed. 


 
Why did the dog sit in the road?
Because she still wants to continue to play.





 


13 comments:

  1. Indeed it has been an above-average Fall in terms of temperatures. We spent last week in VA doing some maintenance on our (still unsold) home there and it was near 80 degrees one day and in the 70s most other days. A couple of friends living in FL told me it's been the hottest Oct-Nov there with summer-like temps. Personally, I hope fall temps come in soon before winter snows here in NE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog looks so relaxed. Wonder if the tadpoles will make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve .. beautiful colourings. Because she wanted to warm her backside up from the heat in the tarmac?! We've been having warm days and nights too - though I think the change is coming ... certainly by the weekend ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be surprising to see these critters active at this time of year. Yes, I remember campers getting cool. We did take our outdoor Ed. kids for an overnight camp out in late October. It was a challenge. Many little guys spent a sleepless night as they didn't have proper sleeping bags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we've had some rather chilly evenings here. Woke to frost a few times

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mild weather here in Ontario too, quite surprising for the time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fall colors and your cute pup. She seemed to be soaking up the warmth in much the same way the pearl crescent butterfly was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I think there's a chill in the air!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to be able to camp comfortably in November. I am surprised by you finding tadpoles. I wonder if they will be developed enough to survive the winter?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pooch is adorable and your autumn colours are just beautiful. We had a warm spell a bit earlier in the month.. it was dreamy but we've since awakened!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's about right for here. it's not unusual to be in the 70s on Thanksgiving or Christmas either for that matter but we did have a few days week before last that felt like summer and that is unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Indeed a a most pleasant & gentle fall. You captured the spirit very nicely...

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!