Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Last Dance, Almost

A Coneflower stands proud displaying its brilliant color out on the prairie.

The last few glimpses of fall color ebb away, turning varying shades of brown. Bright sunlight helps show off these last hints of color. This morning I went out and caught my limit of five trout in about an hour. This gave me time to mow and push into the garden, tons of leaves that have built up over the last three days. My trees are about half done close in to my  home. The leaves are a good fertilizer, and almost disappear by spring. 






These hornet nests appear when the leaves fall. Sometimes it is surprising how close they are to human activity. This was in a small county campground.

At the right angle I saw a heart.


8 comments:

  1. The "last rose of summer" is often the very best. Well done, Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this time of year you still have some good color. Yes, I also notice wasp nests that wee well hidden by foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awfully big hornets nest. Hardly any leaves left around here now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steve .. any colour here I think has been belted to the ground - the rains have come whirling in from some funny place called 'The States'!! Lovely photos though - and five trout .. sound so good ... and that wasp nest was great to see in close up .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't want to tangle with that hornets nest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we don't have hornets down here. wasps and yellow jackets but they build entirely different nests. love the picture of the coneflower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are fading, but you've captured some of fall's beauty here. I especially like #7, with the variety of color. Those hornet nests are fascinating, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a fabulous hornet's nest.. and I'm glad it isn't near me. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!