Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Hunt




He's got that look
Yellow -legged Meadowhawk


Katydid


I laugh at my frog hunters. I am not sure what they might do if they actually caught one. A leap toward the water from a Leopard Frog can get the hunt on. I love to watch the action, Daisy is most resistant to getting very wet. Lily is way down the bank ahead of us, shoulder deep in the water. I listen to the splashes to locate her. All the frogs along this side of the pond are in the water hiding.
I miss the bluebirds and watching the different families grow.
Sunlight
Illuminates
The Land.




8 comments:

  1. Hi Steve - lovely shots .. loved the yellow-legged meadow hawk .. and your frog and the stories of the dogs trying to catch one. That horse is a delight ... such a wonderful face ... and then the colours - the sunlight and the darkening leaves .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sights of autumn from the countryside. The horse is so elegant.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos to start off the morning . . . that frog's got personality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! My Lily does the same thing. The frogs are quite safe....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've gotten a lot of frog shots this year. I can't say that I've seen a single one but then again I haven't been around water too much either. We do have a toad that was hanging out in our back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fall scenes with the pale light. Many things are preparing for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kind of like a cartoon... Those poor dogs always trying to catch the elusive frogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you pointed out the katydid. I almost didn't see it! Loved the dragonfly and, of course, the horse.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!