Thursday, October 29, 2015

Hold That Thought



One should alert a subject that you are taking their picture

Colors starting to fade



Hate to see these guys leave, but it is nice to still have a few to eat.


Some days when I am out walking in this area,  it seems I have a flock of Cedar Wax-wings following me. They have formed a flock for the winter and go from cedar tree to tree looking for food to fatten up for the cold on. I enjoyed watching as these beauties worked over this tree next to where I was sitting. It is at the end of a draw coming off a pond, so a very good birding site.



The tiniest of caterpillars, only a finger width long

Buckeye

  I have had no will power to avoid the Halloween candy. I hope you are enjoying it as well as me.

9 comments:

  1. I really like the composition and lighting in the image of the tomatoes. So fun to see the cedar waxwings, too. Such a beautiful bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our cedar waxwings go south but we do have huge flocks of bohemian waxwings all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. slice up those tomatoes and lets make a sandwich :) That Buckeye is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shots. One of my boys can't have dairy or chocolate but we have worked out a Halloween candy trade....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some excellent captures. Love the first one and the horse with his head thru the fencing. Just great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a robust tomato plant volunteer that is starting to bloom. I'll bring it in when it gets cold. will have to get a grow light and maybe we will have fresh cherry tomatoes all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the horse's expression...I Love a Summertime tomato!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder how many of your photographs are framed and hanging in your house. They are all so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you get legal consent from the horse?

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!