Saturday, October 17, 2015

Changes Galore




Fall colors change each day

Some of the last of the green
A young mother with a pair of fawns






Red Admiral



Franklin Gulls search for the best meal on the lake. They form large rafts moving along with the strong winds. They float to a certain point and all fly back to where they started. New birds keep arriving joining in on the meal. They are filling up for a trek to the south as cold weather approaches. It is hard to give up on the beautiful weather that fall has given us, but the cold must pay a visit and remind us what the future five months will offer. I have seen a few loner Monarchs stopping at my huge bed of zinnias in my yard. It is nice that they stop, and I wish them well to make their journey south. I wonder if they will make it, or plan on staying on a beach closer to my home. I am glad to have some nice flowers to give them a meal for their long journey. It makes me want to travel also.

13 comments:

  1. Hi OOTP - yes we can see the changes ... though we don't have so much here at the moment - it's cooler, but the sun is around sometimes. I travel to the west country next week .. and we're due rain ... and I suspect it'll get colder ... still as you say it has to come before we can get Spring again ...

    Love the photos and the notes ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. changes here too but no colorful leaves, just a constant dropping of leaves. and a chill in the mornings. many things that stopped blooming while it was so hot are blooming again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I have visited your blog. Lovely autumnal pictures but where are you? I cannot tell without trawling back through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The constant change in fall color is a treat to watch. You always throw a good variety in your posts. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some beautiful color in these photos and wow that moon! Hope it has been a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous moon shot!!! You have a knack for capturing frogs....hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. After last night's freeze, I expect we'll be seeing the colors coming on fast. You've shown some of the season's beauty here. And the shots of the deer are phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The change to fall has been pretty visible here too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the change over to fall is becoming more visible every day here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. While I don't mind the winter weather, Steve, I agree that fall should stick around for awhile. Its vibrant colors and cooler daytime temps make me very happy that summer has moved on. Enjoyed the photos, especially the frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love autumn! You are lucky to see monarchs..I haven't in quite some time..I need to plant a butterfly garden and see if I can attract a few butterflies. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That mother deer has the prettiest face.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always find so much beauty to capture. Those deer faces are just SO sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!