Monday, September 7, 2015

Sizzling Summer


Each petal on the Prairie Mimosa seed pod is a tiny bean pod containing 3-4 seeds.








Osage Orange
 

A young Sharp-shinned Hawk

The young hawk was a prize where you never stop taking shots. It sat on a fallen tree close to the forest floor. It was still maybe waiting for a parent to deliver a morsel while it amused itself watching mice and voles on the ground around it . I shot a dozen pictures quickly and moved on trying not to disturb this baby too much. It held it's ground as the parent sat high in the treetops watching over the baby and hoping for new prey.
 

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shot of the hawk. I like that picture with the lady bug, the colors are all so pretty and the red in the bug just pops right out at you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Beautiful bird!
    Hard to believe all that green will soon be covered in white...
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You showed some plants you seldom show and the young hawk is a big bonus. You had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting that you show the plant development through the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hoping I can get as close to a deer as you did here. I know if I can just find them I can get closer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Handsome young sharpie. And lucky you to see it....:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hawk is a prize for sure! Amazing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great detail in the close-up shots, and I love the critters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the photos but the ones of the hawk are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!