Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Nearing Summers End

The end of a fun season brings on some feelings that are pretty much the same each year.  I question if I played enough when I had the chance to do everything. Did I go swimming enough, or catch enough fish?  I am sure I tried, but the number of days to do this is fading away. Some years I feel it is fading too fast, so work at trying to do all I wanted each day. I still didn't visit the zoo I wanted to see, and a few other places I wanted to visit. There is always another day one might say, but I don't want to wait. I have heard of Spring Fever, but why doesn't anyone describe Summer Frenzy?


A touch of color
Smoke from the fires out west hide the sun
Fields are getting harvested





It is a great time of year to get in a good ride
I just walked out of the store and was greeted by these
The cool creates fog and heavy dew






Nothing like a nice dip in the pond to end your day
If you use the same hole, you save targets



11 comments:

  1. Hi Steve - wonderful photos ... and yes that smoke must be quite damaging to our health ... love the sun, and then the signs of autumn ... enjoy these last days - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    Summer Frenzy describes it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know exactly what you mean! Hope I have played enough, ran enough, swam enough in the sparkling waves... Love the pic of the heron!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many of these are noteworthy. First, that amazing rosy sun. At least, I think it's the sun. I like the perspective in the next shot, with portions of the house and barn and the setting sun. I like the mushroom shot, too, as well as the butterfly on the thistle. I could go on, but I'll stop there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that pink one the sun? It is absolutely GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a good summer for me this year so the feeling of time wasted or bogged down in problems is recurring here as well.....:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way you are always on the go it's hard to imagine that you could have missed something. Nice surprise coming out and seeing a sky full of hot air balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Photos you throw on a post are varied and interesting. How about fall fever?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some stunning photos here... so colourful and refreshing. I am hanging on to summer as long as I can. It's my favourite season by far. You've captured it well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful pictures of the late summer. I love all the balloons.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!