Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Moonstruck

Watching the moon phase into a total eclipse





Once the moon returned to the night I went to bed, getting up a few times, and watching it set in the west. That previous day was really nice and stayed clear. I thought on such a nice day that I would go sit in a swamp area a friend identified as good woodpecker viewing. It was still a bit muddy, but I was able to get into an area that up until  two weeks before had been under water.  Huge trees surrounded me and kept me company , while I enjoyed the day in the shade.

I hoped these Turkey Vultures weren't looking me over.
As far as one can see , it is really barren of ground vegetation. 

One edge of the water remained outside of the heavily wooded area.


Sitting in a nice folding chair, kicking off a few pounds of mud.



9 comments:

  1. Love your Moon eclipse pictures! We have had nothing but rain here and now flooding so we missed the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job of capturing the eclipse. It was way too cloudy here, so I'm glad to enjoy it through your lens. You found some mighty pretty fungi, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was totally overcast here so not even a peek. love the fungus on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steve - the moon took an hour to take its ruby course and after about 5 minutes it disappeared over the top of the flats - so I'm afraid I stayed put and saw others' efforts of being outside. Wonderful to read you had the day you did ... it makes the earth magical ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fell asleep and missed the eclipse. Thanks for the pictures so I can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had the opportunity to watch an eclipse. It's either been too cloudy or I've been too tired to stay awake

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had the patience to sit and watch what comes and goes by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your pictures of the eclipse! I was so looking forward to watching it, but unfortunately the clouds moved in and it was only visible at the tail end of the event.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos! I apologize, I was looking at your comment this week before I had my second cup of coffee. My big fingers on the little phone accidently deleted it. I always enjoy your posts. You are always on the go.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!