Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Fall In !

Leaves of three
Still let them be
Ever so pretty
And turning red.

Poison Ivy growing into a tree.


I always look how full a chipmunk's cheeks are.
I love the fall Asters
Eastern Goldfinch males
Boy, I am sure pretty
Finches are assembling in flocks. I have seen a few with close to fifty. They will molt their bright plumage for the winter soon, a warning cold weather is near.


Grow you own Monarchs from caterpillars found on milkweed.
These are fresh hatched and will dry all day. They were tagged, and released afterwards.
M-mm  Fried Okra
Tiny blooms
Always big
To me.
Goldfinch love thistle seed. 
Fall  slipped in like a warm summer day. Rain is moving in to drench small areas of the land around me. Many farmers have harvested their corn and soybeans. Sunrise this time of year can be spectacular, the angle of the earth allows this. I am making breakfast for friends and having a hard time staying and not running to photograph the pink sky. Yesterday I sat and watched these clouds move by. I thought they were nice summer clouds, but some of the last of the season slipping away.






12 comments:

  1. Love the selection of photos you show us here. Yes, rain is moving in here as well, but I'm sure sunny fall days will come as well.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a monarch yesterday. This is the time of year they migrate through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always find the best to photograph. Now, okra. All over our Farmer's Markets right now. Just can't get into that. As to the monarch, I found a place where i can order milkweed. Should probably get on it. They also seem to like my fennel plants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I saw a monarch butterfly all summer long. We had some rain last Saturday but it's been nice since then

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful set of photos today- love the monarchs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen any goldfinches yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been noticing that the colors of fall are brighter this year than they were last year. It seemed as if we morphed from summer right into winter last year. Fried okra sounds so good. I haven't had any in a long time. I'll have to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos but really wish all that cold weather would by-pass us!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. so lovely. I thought I saw a monarch yesterday but it turned out to be a queen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Steve - love that the can tag the Monarchs .. amazing. Gorgeous shots - and I really must try okra sometime ... I've had it occasionally - but never been particularly thrilled by it - I need to find an authentic place to give it a proper go. I enjoy most things ... we had a glorious day yesterday - today is misty! But still relatively warm - cheers HIlary

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is certainly a fall feeling in the photos in this post. I'm curious about how you tag the monarchs. To what is the tag attached? Is it something I would notice if I saw a tagged butterfly? Is there a particular purpose for the tag?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to watch a little flock of goldfinch fly together. They seem such social birds.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!