Monday, September 28, 2015

All Hail


 It is sad to see the Monarchs leave. I barely got to know them.  I travel a lot just to find them and still am counting my daily finds.







 

Fall colors
I know so well
Come and go fast
Soon all leaves have fell.

Lake Red Rock

A Buckeye flits all around me, but doesn't want to pose. It could be the little dogs who want to see just what I am hunting and get their noses in the way. One year there were so many I looked only at good shots before clicking, where this year one has to take what they can get.


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. We are on day four of rain here so not very good for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Monarch shots are exquisite. I like the Buckeye shot, too...and it helped me identify a butterfly that I'd photographed a few years ago. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. The dog on the bridge - so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love~love~love the frog!!! All are great and fun, but that frog pic is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Butterflies always give you a good challenge for a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really good picture of the frog sticking his head out of the water. It earns a big WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your monarch photos. A few years back I saw hundreds gathered on a bush getting ready to migrate...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love buckeyes. I had so many butterflies in the city. so few out here in the country. I am working on a butterfly bed of flowers. I guess it's from all the agricultural fields around me and what they spray on them. so sad. my mistflower is blooming as well only I just have the blue/purple variety. I had a small amount of white in the city that popped up in different places every year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you got some very nice shots of the monarchs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that you mention it, was seeing several monarchs a day... and suddenly none. Still plenty of cabbage moths in the garden though. lol! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!