Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Running On Empty

This reminded me of a castle
Sometimes those horses can get out of hand or spooked for the driver.





There is one in every crowd sometimes





I love how the bright colors of this Goldfinch blend in so well.

A hard to get shot, they are very timid
I am slowly recovering, hate being a wimp. The pain gets me up early every day, and I use this time to enjoy correspondence with my friends. I won't say I am a grouch, but am lucky to live alone some days. LOL I have had a few people take me for a drive, but spend most of my time laying down. I have had some help working over a lot of tomatoes and peppers lately. It is nice to put a few things away for winter when it even tastes better. I juiced the tomatoes and roasted the peppers, bringing them inside to my peelers. Sometimes it is nice to have a few helpers when canning anyway to add to the fun. I got a release to drive yesterday, and soared across the land. Well, for ten minutes at least.

15 comments:

  1. For someone like you who's always on the go I can only imagine how hard it is for you to be laid up. Glad to hear you got the ok to drive again.
    Hope no one was hurt when that buggy overturned

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear you are recovering. I never thought about roasting peppers and am intrigued. Get well soon and drive carefully, don't want you to end up like the buggy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice castle and nice monarch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing those horses remind me to get out and take a drive around the countryside. I haven't done that in awhile. I hope your recovery speeds up a bit for you so you can do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first thought when I saw the first image was that it reminded me of a pipe organ. But your comparison to a castle was right on, too. So many good pictures in this set, but special favorites are the Monarch butterfly and the goldfinch. It IS hard to get good pictures of those flighty little beauties, and you did it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Steve ... oh gosh .. I remember how I felt - grumpy old woman me! .. so can understand. It will pass .. and you are doing things to please the soul, and help the body ... can your veggies, take photos and get out a little now ... take care - and I love the butterflies, and the goldfinch - amazing colouring ... with thoughts - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. excellent pictures as always. glad to hear your recovery is moving right along even if not fast enough to suit you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you are on the mend. The photos are lovely. (My husband does photography, but black and white). Love the goldfinch. What a pretty bird. And coneflowers are one of my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the shots...especially the one in every crowd...hahaa...
    FEEL BETTER SOON my friend!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the very first shot...my favorite. All are great. Strange to see an Amish buggy wrecked. Wonder what happened??? Hope you're better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I first looked at your opening picture I thought, "That looks just like the castle at the beginning of all those Disney movies." Then I looked at your caption and chuckled. You are feeling better and that is a good thing. Soon there will be no stopping you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am the same way.... Cannot bare to be confined on the couch. It is torture. Hooray for the freedom to drive! Your pictures are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Take it easy and feed your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful goldfinch and always enjoy seeing the monarchs (thanks for the explanation between male & female a few posts back), Living in an apt there are less opportunities to get out an see these beauties now.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!