Sunday, August 30, 2015

Going Fishing







Headed out on the lake, one never knows what you will see. I seem to find a lot of treasures, or perhaps they just find me. I never let weather dissuade activity, once there it may clear up. Some of my best fishing has been when the storms are moving in. One day while everyone watched from the van, I was catching trout one after another. The rain made it hard to see each other, it was coming down so hard. I always have a few rain suits with me, should the weatherman not tell me everything. There is a nice feel to being in a storm, I got caught in a short one yesterday, but had a building to lean against until it was finished. Contrary to popular belief, I have never melted in a storm.




I always think of Monet when in a patch of lilies.


Horse Chesnuts 
 And there is always more to do at home
In a day or two
These will ripen
On a window sill
In my kitchen.

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful sights from the countryside. Come join us on the latest edition of "Through My Lens". The link-up is open now on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now we are getting lots of thunder. I like it. I like to be out in storms except for hail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a bountiful day. The driver of the school bus used to get after us when we were teenage girls squealing to get out of the rain. He told us that we wouldn't melt. I guess he was right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had some of my best days with nature while it was raining. I always find lots of animals right after the rain stops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm picturing you walking by the horses, cow and turkey and them asking "Where you going Steve?"
    Love the scarecrow. Is that a mouse face that it has?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. I bet your tomatoes are good. We are still getting some too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's easy to find treasures when you consider the whole world to be one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When reading this post, Steve, I kept thinking about the sign that "a bad day of fishing, always beats a good day at work" and glad to know that you have never melted in the rain :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've had a number of beautiful Monarch photos this summer, this one included. And I love that last shot of the veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shoulder surgery has kept me off the trout stream lately but I'll be back at it next spring.... Good luck...... and great photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fine shots! Wild turkeys usually move too fast for me to get a clear picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder how the title matches with the following pics...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photos
    Cloudy skies make great backdrops, don't they? Your story of fishing through the storm also made a great picture in my mind. Love that kind of perseverance!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some amazing photographs! Feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!