Saturday, July 4, 2015

Getting Out



Trying to be cool lately has been hard.  At least the breeze on the lake helps, but it has been easier just to sit in the water. I like the summer, but so far would enjoy living in an area that has less humidity. Even in the early morning one could cut the air with a fork. There are a lot of  creatures that seem to enjoy it, along with all the wonderful items growing in my garden. I am waiting for tomatoes to ripen, I have a lot of small ones on. I never can make up my mind  which I like best so grow a number of varieties. I have 8 kinds of tomato and 15 types of peppers I started from seed Sweet corn stands are starting up, and here in Iowa we are famous for the best. I have eaten it twice this week on the cob and made some fritters with a few ears. I made a blueberry crisp to top off my meals and put lots of ice cream on top. 












I hope you are all getting out and having fun like me!

9 comments:

  1. Love the dragonfly shots (must be the season for them; I put one in my post this week too, funny :o) Great photos, as always, and that Blueberry Crisp you mentioned made my mouth water. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lots of dragon flies going through my yard but they all look the same. it's good to see your photos and realize there are many different kinds of dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dragonfly shots, Steve. And I love the butterfly on the purple flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your picture of the crows could have been taken here. There's a mostly dead tree just off of our property line that they have been congregating in lately.
    You made me hungry with all that talk of food :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dragonflies and the tree full of birds is stunning. Hope you will photograph all the different tomatoes and peppers. Are they heirloom varieties? We grow only one variety of tomatoes so we can save our own seeds but we did go all out with 6 varieties of sweet and hot peppers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we have lots of dragonflies that patrol the fields here. I usually find a few larva in the small pond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been stuck inside as of late but all that talk of food has me heading to the kitchen!!Hahaaaaa
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining my blog.....it seems the summer heat has finally arrived here in Texas.....and the heavy rains have stopped. Our humidity levels are also high, in the early morning. You have some really wonderful outdoor shots...

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!